Funds Recovery specializes in helping the victims of online financial fraud to get their money back. The team offer consultancy as well as recovery services, and pride themselves on their transparent, professional approach.
This company can assist the victims of multiple types of financial scams, and are quick to get results too, with most cases taken on concluding successfully within just a few weeks.
Funds Recovery can help recover money lost as a result of, or offer consultation services regarding, the following:
- Online scams – may involve ‘push payment’ fraud, in which a scammer convinces a company or individual to send them money under false pretences: for example, by sending a fake invoice for goods never dispatched. Other scams include requests for refunds ‘accidentally’ deposited into the target’s account, but which were actually falsified in the first place, and ‘vishing’ techniques, in which a scammer cold calls a target, masquerading as a representative from their bank, and asks for personal and account information which will subsequently allow them access to the victim’s funds.
- Credit/Debit card cons – include strategies like skimming, where a card’s details are mined without the target being aware that this has happened; phishing, to obtain private information; and hacking public wifi systems to gain access to users’ password details.
- CFD trading scams are most often carried out by unregulated brokers, who make false promises of sizable returns. Multi asset investment cons and scams that involve trading on rising and falling markets are popular – both of these use non-existent assets, and the trader is duped into believing they are engaging with the market when, in fact, they aren’t at all.
- Forex scams can take various forms, such as cons involving high yield investment programs, ponzi or pyramid schemes, point spread scams, or signal-seller cons.
- Cryptocurrency fraud is booming: traders should be aware of so called ‘pump and dump’ scams, whereby the scammers manipulate the market to lure investors with the temptation of a massive return, on what turns out to be a huge amount of worthless crypto. Fake investment syndicates and fake exchanges are also types of crypto fraud, and Funds Recovery are often able to recoup money lost as a result of these scams.
- New traders especially should be particularly mindful of Telegram messaging scams: fraudsters make it appear as if they are legitimate Telegram platform admins simply by altering their usernames to give an official impression. Once they have started a conversation with the target, they will eventually ask, for example, for the trader’s sign-in details as part of a security check, or make a request for them to transfer funds.
- Binary options cons usually involve the scam company refusing to let the investor withdraw funds from their trading account, or refusing to credit funds to this account. Identify theft is also rife with these types of scams, as is the manipulation of software designed to generate loss making trades – making it impossible for the unwitting investor to get a return.
- Online dating scams – Funds Recovery, unlike the other major chargeback companies, offers specific consultancy and recovery services for those who have lost out to online dating scams. With more and more people turning to online dating sites to find a relationship (especially in the wake of the pandemic), this is a scam industry that’s booming. These scams usually take one of two forms: either the entire website is fake, and raking in the charges to join and access the service, or scammers create a false profile on a legitimate site and subsequently connect with innocent users. Once communication is opened, the scammer may go down a number of routes to persuade their target to part with cash or personal information.
Unlike other chargeback sites, Funds Recovery has a ‘Blacklisted’ page on their website which features the names of scam companies and websites. They suggest that visitors search this database to check that they haven’t been unwittingly conned out of money by an organization or platform that they believed to be legitimate at the time.
Funds Recovery Chargeback Process
As part of the process to recover funds, the team at Funds Recovery will check all the details and gather information on the rogue broker or trading platform/organization. They will then file a complaint and open a case; after this the team will work hard, using a variety of means and techniques, to recoup the money lost to the scammer(s). Once this has been achieved, the funds are deposited into the client’s bank account.
Funds Recovery don’t make their commission and charging structure public as each case is dealt with on an individual basis and charged accordingly, so potential clients will need to contact them for more information on fees. They do offer an initial consultation free of charge to discuss a possible case.
Customer reviews often cite the excellent responsiveness and the overall transparency of Funds Recovery. The team can be contacted using the form or the contact telephone numbers on the website.